WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2007:
THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL (1978)
Plot Synopsis: The Wookiee celebration of Life Day has arrived on Chewbacca's home planet Kashyyk, and Chewie and Han Solo are trying to shake pursuing Imperial forces to get there on time. Meanwhile, a deadly and efficient Imperial net scours Kashyyk for traces of rebel sympathizers, putting Chewbacca's family in danger. Luckily some old friends-- and some new ones-- help them along the way. Han and Chewie also meet up with Luke and the Droids in a cartoon sequence that introduces the bounty hunter Boba Fett for the first time.
Directed by: Steve Binder
Starring: Art Carney, Bea Arthur, Harvey Korman, Peter Mayhew, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammil.
Running Time: 97 minutes.
The following will occur after having completed viewing of the Star Wars Holiday Special:
1. Listening to the Star Wars theme will cause a voice in your head to sing along, "Liiiiiiife Day.... La la la LIIIIIFEE Day, La la la LIIIIIIFEEE Day, La-la-la-Laaaaaaaaaaaa..."
2. Watching the Cantina scene in Star Wars will now remind you of the Golden Girls.
3. Anytime you hear the words "stir" and "whip" used in close proximity, you will have an acid-like flashback, and most likely, a resulting seizure.
4. If you hate Ewoks, you will invariably hate them slightly less after seeing Chewbacca's son.
5. You will realize George Lucas went insane far earlier than you had previously thought.
I won't lie. Its horrible and painful. No one should ever have to watch it more than once (though I have seen it multiple times), but EVERYONE SHOULD see it once. It is Legend. It is without peer. It is... The Star Wars Holiday Special.