THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2009:
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH (1982)
Plot Synopsis: When a terrified toy salesman is mysteriously attacked and brought to the hospital, babbling and clutching the year's most popular Halloween costume, an eerie pumpkin mask, doctor Daniel Challis is thrust into a terrifying Halloween nightmare. Working with the salesman's daughter, Ellie, Daniel traces the mask to the Silver Shamrock Novelties company and its founder, Conal Cochran. Ellie and Daniel uncover Cochran's shocking Halloween plan and must stop him before trick-or-treaters across the country never come home in this terrifying thriller.
Tommy Lee Wallace (Fright Night II, Vampires: Los Muertos)
Tom Atkins (Lethal Weapon, Maniac Cop)
Stacey Nelkin (Yellowbeard, Everything Relative)
Dan O'Herlihy (Robocop, The Last Starfighter)
Running Time: 96 minutes.
-Season of the Witch is unrelated to the previous films featuring the character Michael Myers, and was intended to begin Halloween as an anthology series, releasing a new Halloween storyline every year.
Attendees: Jen, Mike, Robert, Roger, Ryan, Tim.
Movie Rating: 4/10
B-Movie Rating: 6/10 Stars
Standout Character: The Hero
Dr. Dan Challis (played by Tom Atkins).
A holdover 1970s movie doctor stereotype: a rough-around-the-edges, corduroy-wearing, hard-drinkin' divorcee working as a surgeon, who uncovers a mystery and starts tracking down clues. Escape artist, marksman in mask-tossing, and mustache enthusiast.
Top 8 Lessons Learned From This Film:
8. Doctors never stop drinking.
7. Nurses are all at LEAST 52 years old.
6. A flashing image of a pumpkin would cause Stonehenge to destroy the world.
5. Identical robots do not resemble one another.
4. Claiming that safety checking childrens' Halloween masks involves dangerous volatile chemicals is in no way suspicious.
3. All television networks are run by 1 guy.
2. All doctors know the direct phone number to the 1 guy who runs all television networks.
1. Never trust an Irishman.